Dear FSM Members,
Come join your fellow ski enthusiasts for our Holiday Celebration on Friday December 8th at Farm to Market Bistro, located at 1083 Rte 9, Fishlkill NY at 6:30 pm. It is located in the Potter Bros mall.
Attached is the Menu that includes an appetizer, salad, choice of main course and desert. No reason to pre-select. This will be a great multi-course meal that includes all taxes and gratuities for $70/person. In addition there is a cash bar.
Please sign up on the website, click here, to indicate your attendance.
Bring your check to the event payable to FSM.
Any questions, please contact Ray Hickson
Enjoy and Let it Snow!
Here is the menu: FSM Dec 8 Farm to Table Menu
NOTE: If you are no longer a member and wish to be inscribed to these newsletters, please contact Marla Bornstein.
Join Ron, Reid, Carrie, and Marla for our first day out for the season at Belleayre. The temps are low and the mountain is blowing snow. They have 4 lifts and 13 trails open as of Sunday and possibly more by Wednesday.
If you are interested in joining us on Wednesday to ski, please sign up for the event on the FSM website and we’ll connect on carpooling options.
It’s not too late to buy your Frequent Skier Card for Belleyare / Gore / Whiteface. It gets you 50% off on weekdays and 25% off on weekends, the deadline to purchase the card is Dec 14.
Our apologies for the additional email distribution but one of our members highlighted that the FSM Meeting Minutes for our November 16th meeting misstated the date of December 9th for our FSM Holiday dinner. It is NOT December 9th, it is Friday evening December 8th. Make sure you sign up for the dinner on our FSM events page.
The FSM Meeting Minutes for November 16th have been updated and can be found here using the password “letitsnow”.
While we’re sending this additional email out here are a couple more bits of information for you.
- Don’t forget to sign up for this years membership for more information on how to renew, click this link. And if you are not planning to renew your FSM membership and do NOT want to receive these email distributions, please contact Marla Bornstein.
- We also want to announce we have posted 7 dates to ski Butternut. There are a handful of FSM members skiing Butternut every Wednesday from January 3 through February 14th and a few of our FSM woman are participating in the Woman Wednesday clinics (which is now full, sorry it filled up very fast). Go to our events page and sign up if you are interested in joining our FSM members on Wednesdays at Butternut.
- We will plan more multi-day trips in the near future and more single day trips as the seasons gets going. Stay tuned.
Enclosed are the November 16th Monthly Meeting Minutes. We went through the calendar of events, this season’s ski trips and had a talk about ski technology and tuning.
To keep up on what’s happening with the FSM club, have a quick read and make sure to register for our upcoming holiday celebration at the Farm to Table in Wappingers.
Read the minutes for more information.
11_16_23 FSM Meeting Minutes
Everyone, a reminder that the next Family Ski Meisters business meeting will be this Thursday, November 16 at the American Legion located 55 Overlook Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY., starting 7:30pm.
Kurt and Ron will lead a discussion on the latest ski technology and provide guidance on ski selections and ski tuning. We will also discuss the upcoming holiday party and ski events.
The minutes from last month’s meeting can be found at the following link and the password is letitsnow. https://www.familyskimeisters.com/meetings/minutes/.
Thanks, Michael Freiler
Dear FSM Members,
This year’s Holiday Celebration will be held on Friday evening December 8th at the Farm to Table restaurant at 1083 Route 9, Fishkill NY 12524.
More details will be forthcoming shortly.
Register on our events page (link) to show your are planning to attend.
Let it Snow!
I listen to The Storm Live podcast hosted by Stuart Winchester. It’s an awesome newsletter and podcast that is very informative about all things skiing. Stuart is a upfront and doesn’t hold back journalist who talks about all aspects of skiing and hosts great guests from all parts of the ski world.
I just finished listening to Stuart’s interview with Ski New York President Scott Brandi and it was very uplifting to hear about our NYS ski industry. As many of you know, I’ve been a bit negative about the corporate consolidation in the ski industry as well as my concerns with climate change and how that affects everything including skiing in the future. But listening to this podcast has revived my hope for a brighter future, at least how it relates to skiing and boarding.
Here is a link to the podcast and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Kurt Steubing, Ski Trip Leader
Hello All Ski Meisters,
This is your last call for Sunday River 2024! I will be collecting final payments and releasing unneeded rooms on November 15. If you wish to join us, please let me know in the next week. We have 32 people in 16 rooms currently signed up but have room for more. Please email me if you want to join the trip at firstname.lastname@example.org
Room prices for 5 nights are Studio Superior $825
Studio Deluxe $945
1 BR Apt. $1460
Lift Tickets: 4 day adult $256
4 day senior $202
5 day adult $299
5 day senior $237
Dates for the trip are: January 28, 2024 – February 2, 2024
You can join the event at http://www.familyskimeisters.com/event/fsm-sunday-river-trip-january-28-february-2-2024/. But please also email me if you want to join the trip at email@example.com
Thanks. Hope you can join us.
Hello fellow winter sports enthusiasts, the is your last reminder that the rescheduled Family Ski Meisters kick – off meeting will be tomorrow evening Thursday October 19 starting 7:30 at the Poughkeepsie American Legion Hall.
Please come to socialize and hear about our exciting upcoming year, and bring a light dish to share with the club. Please bring your membership form and payment, see below.
Membership form and payment
- Membership forms and dues will be collected as follows:
- At the kick-off meeting,
- You can mail them with payment to FSM Membership Coordinator, Carrie Kimble at 58 Tower Road Hopewell Junction, NY 12533 or,
- Transfer your payment to the HVCU (see instructions below), then fill out the FSM Renewal/Membership form, sign it and either snail mail the form to Carrie or scan the completed form and email to Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- NOTE: We are not issuing membership cards. The FSM Board has determined there is little to no value anymore due to industry changes with ski passes and discounts and therefore we will not be members of the NY Capital District Ski Council.
- The form is available at http://www.familyskimeisters.com/about/forms/ and is also linked below. The yearly dues have not changed and are $35 for family membership or $20 for individual membership.
- As a HVFCU member you can transfer membership payments as follows but make sure you email Carrie Kimble at email@example.com to notify her of a membership fee transfer.
- Go to your account and click on Transfers
- Select the blue text “Transfer to another Hudson Valley Credit Union Member”
- Enter “Family” in the top field where it asked for Last Name
- Select “Account”
- Enter “89089” where it asks for Recipient’s Member NumberEnter “0200? for Recipient’s Account ID
- Click Save
- Then follow instructions to select what account you want to pay from and enter $35 for a family membership and $20 for an individual membership
- Here is the FSM Membership Renewal Form:FSM-Renewal-and-New-Members-Application-updated-Oct-2020-2
Fellow winter sports enthusiasts, the rescheduled Family Ski Meisters kick – off meeting will be Thursday October 19 starting 7:30 at the Poughkeepsie American Legion Hall.
Please come to socialize and hear about our exciting upcoming year, and bring a light dish to share with the club.
Thanks, Michael Freiler