Hello all FSM members. We had our kickoff meeting last Sunday and are gearing up for the season. We have our next meeting this Thursday, October 8th at the Wappingers Elks Club starting at 7:30pm. Here are couple things we need from you ASAP that you can take of at the meeting this week or by mail.
First, your membership renewal is due and it’s $35 per family or individual. Frank just sent out a great email to remind all of you to renew your membership. I hope you will renew and I’m looking forward to seeing you at our events and on the slopes. Don’t forget that if you mail in your dues, make sure you include the new Membership renewal form. This is mandatory starting this year as it includes a liability release statement for your family.
Second, we had a preview of the new FSM t-shirt at the September 27th kickoff meeting. It was a white t-shirt with the FSM logo on the front and the new FSM design on the back, see images below.
There were some ideas offered during the meeting to add a golf shirt and use different colors. Mary and I discussed those and based on our discussion with the layout artist where we’ll buy the t-shirts, we’ve decided to keep the shirt white in order for the FSM logo and new design colors to pop more and keep the ordering simple and costs down for now by offering 3 simple choices. We will offer short sleeve, long sleeve and sweatshirts. Depending on interests and we’ll have to rework the design a bit, we can consider golf shirts for the spring, in time for nicer weather. We feel this is the best option for us at this point in time.
Many thanks to our WebMaster, Chris Jastrzembski, you can put your order in on the FSM web site. Here is a easy step by step process to submit your order:
- Go to the FSM site to our new Products Page
- Select the size and quantity of the shirts you want. After each selection click the “Add to Cart” button to post your selection to your cart and you’ll eventually see your complete order in your Checkout page. You can select multiple sizes from each shirt type from this page. For example, for short sleeve, select Medium, 1, “Add to Cart”, then select Large, 2, “Add to Cart”. Both will be displayed on your Checkout screen.
- Once you finish ordering all the shirts, go back up to the top of the web page, put your mouse pointer over “Products Page” and click on the “Checkout” link.
- Review your order on checkout, make any modifications, enter your email, first and last name and then click on “Purchase”
- Your order will be sent to your email and to mine(Kurt). The email will tell you to send your payment to my address and make your check out to FSM. Or I would love to see you at our October 8th meeting to pay me in person, so we can give it to our Treasurer for deposit. Our web site cannot take payments so we need to do it this way.
- Lastly, I would like for someone to volunteer to help with this, please let me know if you can be the contact going forward to consolidate ordering information.
I keep track of all orders on a spreadsheet(see attachment) and I have all the orders from previous emails and orders submitted at our 9/27 kickoff meeting. If you ordered a grey shirt or golf shirt at our meeting and do not want the white, please let me know asap and I’ll delete your order. Lastly, if you see your order on my spreadsheet(a pdf file below) then you do NOT need to put an order in on the FSM website.
We need at least 50 shirt orders and right now we are at 30. And we need at least 12 of each type to order that type of t-shirt. If we don’t have the minimum for what you ordered, we’ll contact you asap to see if you want to order something else. AT this point, the only type of shirt that may have this problem is the sweatshirt.
Here is a spreadsheet(pdf) for the orders I’ve received so far: FSM T-Shirt Order
Thank You all for being part of FSM. See you soon
Kurt Steubing, Family Ski Meister President