Hello to all:
For those who are going to Gore:
1. Cathi and I will be distributing lift tickets on Friday evening. We should be up to the Holiday Inn before 7:00. I will either be in room #315 or in the swim area. If you are not able to pick up tickets that night, please let me know; I can then give the tickets to someone you designate or can leave it at the front desk at the Holiday Inn.
2. We have secured the 3rd floor lounge on Saturday night. Since there will be an NFL playoff game that night (8:00pm), we will be watching in my room (315), which right around the corner of the lounge. We are hoping that all the members of our FSM family come down and party with us. It is time for our new members as well as our older members to get this opportunity to get to know each other. We will have a share table for members to share snacks and adult beverages. Please make an effort to be a part of this. We will also be playing a game called left-right-center. This is a easy game to play because it is played with three dice and you really do not have to think too much (thank goodness). It is really easy to play and a lot of fun. All you need is singles. If you already have this game please bring it with you as I am sure we will have multiple games being played.
3. For those who are planning on using the various kids programs, I have been advised to tell you that you should call and make reservations as these programs fill very fast. Please give yourself plenty of time for enrollment and rentals. The time between Gore and Lake George is around 30 minutes. The phone # for Gore Mountain is 518-251-2411.
4. I spoke to Gore about the snow conditions today.
Thursday: A 40% chance of morning snow, high near 24. West wind 14-17 mph.
Friday: A 30% chance of snow showers, high near 23. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Saturday: Partly sunny, high near 20.
5. Please keep in mind that kids under 12 years old eat free at the hotel restaurant.
6. If possible, try to leave as early as you can. There is usually heavy traffic congestion in the Albany area between 4:30-6:30.
7. The Capri Pizzeria / Restaurant will deliver to your room or poolside; 518-668-5027
8. a. The address for the Holiday Inn is: 2223 Canada Street, US Route 9, Lake George, NY 12845
b. The address for Gore Mountain is: 793 Peaceful Valley Rd North Creek, NY 12853
9. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me at 845-518-7276.
Raul and Cathi